Friday, June 27, 2008

Thing9

I found the easiest way to find feeds is by looking at the lists on the sidebars of blogs. When looking at a library blog, I can find all kinds of related discussions.

My favorite search tool was Google Blog Search. I added a blog search gadget for school librarian blogs to my Google home page.

I did not like Syndic8 - it covers too much - the format is overwhelming. I was also disappointed by the School Library Blogs on Suprglu - too much scrolling to get anywhere. They should use a sidebar format.

When I blog, I am usually looking for job related information, so I would say that the most useful would be Edublog Award Winners. I noticed "A Library by any other name" was listed.

the most unusual feed (and actually useful feed) I found was the Atomic Learning. I liked the free tutorials.

The most useful feeds for me are the ones that I find in online databases such as Ebsco. I know I can depend on the information.

1 comment:

Librarian on the Loose said...

Hi Louise...it's Kristen. I agree completely...I really like to look at other people's sidebars as well...I love to see how many of them are similar or differnt than what I like. My favorite was also the Google search. I'm all about the user-friendly! See you later!